Seafood Festival Endowment Fund to Support Local Fishing Industry
Eligible entities for funds include commercial fishermen, fish houses, charter/head boats, and other entities that support this industry. All requests must be from Outer Banks entities (Dare, Currituck and Hyde Counties). Funds may be awarded to assist the fishing community with healthcare/medical emergencies, equipment needs or repair needs, food and supplies, etc.
Fund applications will be reviewed by the Outer Banks Seafood Festival Fund committee on a quarterly basis in March, June, September, and December. Emergency fund requests may be considered on an “as needed” basis. Fund recipients will be notified of award and disbursements made no later than 14 days following the approval of the application and proof of fund expenditures. Payment of these funds will be made either via a purchase order or as a reimbursement once expenses are incurred.
Application for Funds – CLICK HERE
The mission of the Outer Banks Seafood Festival is to provide a fun and educational experience promoting, honoring and celebrating our coastal seafood heritage and community.
- Promote the positive social and economic impact of the seafood industry on the citizens of the Outer Banks;
- Educate the public about seafood and its importance to the area’s economy;
- Publicize the wide variety of seafood indigenous to North Carolina and the Outer Banks and provide the opportunity for people to enjoy it;
- Boost tourism and recreation on the Outer Banks in the non-summer months;
- Establish a scholarship program for educational pursuits related to the seafood industry;
- Provide the opportunity for Outer Banks non-profit, civic, church and educational organizations to raise funds through participation in the festival.