The mission of the Outer Banks Seafood Festival is to provide a fun and educational experience promoting, honoring and celebrating our coastal seafood heritage and community.
- Promote the positive social and economic impact of the seafood industry on the citizens of the Outer Banks;
- Educate the public about seafood and its importance to the area’s economy;
- Publicize the wide variety of seafood indigenous to North Carolina and the Outer Banks and provide the opportunity for people to enjoy it;
- Boost tourism and recreation on the Outer Banks in the non-summer months;
- Establish a scholarship program for educational pursuits related to the seafood industry;
- Provide the opportunity for Outer Banks non-profit, civic, church and educational organizations to raise funds through participation in the festival.